Tuesday, February 28, 2006

On Tuesday afternoon the Raptors introduced Bryan Colangelo as the new President and GM. He was very impressive at the press conference and very polished. He is looking forward to working alongside Wayne Embry, the Assistant to the President Richard Peddie along with Sam Mitchell the Head Coach and Bryan Colangelo as you know, the reigning executive of the year could win it again, as he has guided the Phoenix Suns to another winning season. But now he is a member of the Raptors organization and has a lot of work to do with Raptors to say the least. For now he is really enjoying that he is getting to know a lot of people at MLSE and the Raptors, the players, and the coaching staff. He is a tremendous addition to the Raptors ownership and also to the fan base here in Toronto.

A few of his moves with the Suns:
Brought in Mike D'Antoni, last season's coach of the year.
Signed Steve Nash, last season's MVP.
Acquired Boris Diaw in the Joe Johnson sign and trade.
Signed Eddie House, a leading candidate for sixth man of the year.
Signed Raja Bell, known for his defense but has shown to be an effective 3-point shooter for the Suns.
Traded Quentin Richardson for Kurt Thomas, who was having a solid season before he injured his foot last week.
Signed Amare Stoudemire to a mega extension before the season.

OK, I knew about this, but I don't know what happened. What's the story here? Bryan Colangelo to Toronto? Not Los Angeles or New York, and you go from Pacific Division powerhouse to ...... the Raptors ?
From golf, tennis and the Sun to the Great White North and the snow, what gives? What happened between Colangelo and Suns owner Robert Sarver ?
I'd sure like to know. You guys know anything, drop me a line.

Oh crap! I thought I posted Clippers -6.5 & UNDER 188, my mistake.
Be back later with thoughts on Mavericks at San Antonio.

2 comments:

Batis84 said...

Wow! Sensational move, Clutch.. I'm weakly wondering this picture, but it's fact. I'm awfully amazed of GM decision!
May be he took the charge of Raptors instead New York, Lakers or something else, because big towns have a big troubbles of managing. Look at the Suns. Remember their play level before Colangelo's arrival! They were crawling on all fours! Phoenix's type of team is the same as Raptors nowadays, I guess.
So, I wish him luck with Toronto. Seems, I know his desire. He wants the new feeling and new struggles. Maybe he is one of those type of people, who is in the habit be bored at the static place so long.
Thanks for the interesting note.

Batis84 said...

My new system tempts on Toronto - Atlanta Under 207 tonight.
I'll check this