Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I was robbed in the NBA Opener, but have not lost my confidence in my early season observation.

This is what I have in mind for day 2 of NBA.

Indiana Pacers at Orlando Magic.
Now everyone should know Grant Hill is out, 3~6 weeks, and Head Coach
Brian Hill is shifting to defensive focus. Offense will be relied on Steve Francis and Dwight Howard. Well, preseason clue says Francis is not up to speed yet with 12 PPG 2.50 RPG and 6.3 APG, all below his norm. Howard will develop as the season goes on, but he has yet to take on the role to carry the offense and he need to find the open man. He can create problems in the post for his opposition. I also see this Magic team struggling to score in the paint and/or getting beat in fast break points, signs of disoriented team play.

Pacers arrive with high expectations. I like the scheme they showed in preseason and Magics weakness is the Pacers strength. Control the inside, control the ball with deliberate plays and look for fast break chances.

IND -5 at -110 for 2 units (W) *This line is now -6.5 or -7

IND/ORL UNDER 189 at -109 for 2 units (W)

Sacramento Kings at Houston Rockets.
Rockets are solid at Toyota Center this preseason with a perfect record including the game in Laredo, Texas. What stands out is the Rockets shutting out the opposition at home, 84-80 against Orlando, 75-71 against Washington, 88-80 against Utah, (93-85 against Seattle in Laredo) The Rockets have not given up 100 points to any team in preseason, most allowed was 91 against 76ers in Wachovia Center 10/11, and they have not allowed over 80 points at Toyota Center.
Back to back game for the Kings on the road. After getting schooled by the Hornets how will these Kings play?

They will play UNDER 192 at -119 for 1 unit (W)

My name is Clutch and I cap Baskets.
I've published some of today's picks in public forum, but I published them all in my blog.
Got the moose off my back from last night and we're back on track with some winners.
3-0 +5.00 units

No comments: